EZ Snapjack CAT5 Wall Outlet
- Save time – No need for eight punch downs
- Eee-Zee to verify wire sequence
- EZ-SnapJacks are re-useable
- Wire guide ensures pairs stay in proper order for fast, easy termination
- Reduced tool cost, no punch-down tool required
The Snapjack is a wall outlet module for CAT5 cable which allows cable to be connected without a punchdown tool.
The patented EZ-SnapJack is self-terminating and quickly installs for professional results in a snap. Simply snap the case shut, attach to a suitable wall plate and the job is finished. The cable is prepared by stripping back the outer insulation a distance of 3cm or so, then straightening out the coloured cores and arranging them in the correct order for the chosen standard 568A or 568B (the sequences are marked on the wire guide). The cores are then pushed all the way throught the guide and the correct sequence confirmed before trimming off the excess with a pair of side cutters. By placing the wire and guide inside the Snapjack and snapping the case shut, the connection is made.
The Snapjack will fit standard keystone wallplates.
- Use in category 3, 5, or 5e compliant data networks and patch cords.